About Our DE&I Committee
Represent the full diversity of the women business owner community and to expand access to leadership opportunities across the full spectrum of NAWBO Indianapolis membership by establishing, monitoring, and updating goals and strategies that ensure the chapter is a recognized advocate for DEI and will regularly provide DEI information and opportunities for members and corporate partners.
- Establish a disaggregated member data list that is used to establish, monitor and update DEI goals and strategies
- Work with Membership and Programs to implement events to target potential members to achieve the desired DEI goals
- Work with Communications and ED to highlight members/new members in specific publications to increase visibility, i.e., IBJ, Indianapolis Minority Business Magazine, Indianapolis Recorder, etc.
- Work with the board, all committees, and the ED to increase engagement with African American sororities and African American, Latino and female veteran professional organizations
- Utilize the DEI tab on the NAWBO Indy website and the private Facebook page to highlight diversity activates and provide resources and information to support DEI needs of members and corporate partners.
To Contact Our DE&I Committee:
Members: Jamyce Curtis Banks, Chair
Yolanda Brown, Kathy Cabello, Mira Cassidy, Janmarie Connor, Gerburg, Garmann, Karen Young Hayes, Debbie Oats, Meechelle Parker, La-Tisha Pirtle, Stacy Webb-Cooper, and Shelly Woods